July 2009 General Meeting MinutesView All Meeting Minutes here
Wed Jul 1 2009
‘ECSA’ 1 JUL. ’09 GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
At 7:30 pm we did the pledge & started the meeting. There were 13 club members in attendance.
Reviewed the ‘Correspondance’ received. Letter from the Town of Salisbury questioning our ‘Standards of the statute for charitable exemption’ See Finance Comm. Report
The ‘Secretaries & Treasurers’ report were given & accepted as read.
- Next 3d shoot is in Jan. 10 ’09 & 7 Mar. ’09 @ ‘ECSA’ this is the ‘Granite State Bow Hunters’ series.
- The Monday Night 3d shoots will not happen this year.
- ‘Haverhill Hounds’ club has 20 fairly new targets they want to sell for $1000.00. Mark Patton will contribute $200.00 the club voted to pay $800.00. These newer targets will help keep repeat shooters @ 3D shoots.
- ‘ECSA’ has old targets we would like to sell. Contact Mark Patton if your interested.
Building & Land:
- No report, committee is on hold for now.
- The gate keys have not been swapped out as yet, refer last months meeting notes.
- The club had a short meeting re: comments on our Game Dinner. Report to follow.
- ECSA received a letter from the Town of Salisbury questioning our tax exempt status. We will meet with the Assessor’s office & confirm exactly what they require. This info Due by August 1 ‘09
- The fine leveed on ‘ECSA’ by the IRS has been waived. ESCA does not have to pay.
- Mark Patton & Tony Fusco have created a Spread Sheet for income-expenditures.
- Treasurer to create a budget for 2010, by year end.
- The Chair not present, no official report.
- We will create a Lifetime & paid Members list & submit to the ‘Membership Comm.’
- The revised membership application was reviewed, looks good.
- This Committee not active @ this time.
- The Range Comm. Had a meeting 10 Jun. ’09 the results:
- Due to guest hunters on property need ‘Active Range’ signs. Location to be determined.
- Need posted Range Rules
- Need first aid kit @ shooting table.
- For saftey, need one firing line. Will review.
- Future, several shooting tables & canopy over.
- Mining the Berm is a must, as soon as it can happen. Keep records of.
- Height of plywood target stand is very important. Will determine.
- If & when open the Range will need Licensed Range Officers.
- Ecsa, we need a large calender that members can view posted events.
Fun Gun Night:
- 15 Jun ’09 ‘ECSA’ had a shoot @ Bob’s Tactical in Salisbury. We had a great time. Bob’s had a raffle for a ‘45 Cal Smith & Wesson Pistol’ $20.00 per square (50 Squares avail) the club (ECSA) purchased one sq. & won the drawing 17 Jun. ’09. ECSA took possession the same evening. The Pistol is locked in gun cabinet for the club. The club now has to decide how to raffle this for funds for the club. All has to be done ‘Legal’ Thank you Don Kelly for this opportunity.
Fish/Game/Essex County League:
- No report @ this time, but Doe permits must be in by 15 July ‘09
- ECSA received a letter from the Salisbury Plumbing Inspector. The clubhouse has To be plumbed ‘Commercial’ This is cast iron & copper.
- Contact Scott Harmer for ECSA truck to be in the Newburyport Jimmy Fund Day Parade. Fred Hanson gave a report on our ‘Website’ site is looking really good. All members should visit our site. We asked Fred about cost, Fred has paid for one year for the club thank you very, very much Fred. Great job !
- Thank you Bill O’keefe for sending out the Thank you letters for the Game Dinner. Really appreciate it !
- Our clubhouse is now fully insured. Basement & First Floor thru the ‘NRA’ as before with a minor increase of our yearly cost.
- Club voted to pay $60.00 to our Accountant for the letter to the ‘IRS’
We passed the hat for the Camper Fund then all had a great time with the Raffle.
Motion to adjourn - Good Night !